13.3.08

Old Roadhouse Blues

It was a dark night's wind, and it shook my skeleton,
It almost took my skin and damn!, I even bit my tongue!
I was about fifteen, with noone in the world,
No penny on my sleeves and in my arms no girl;
I was an orphan lamb, wondering 'bout the mobs,
I crossed forsaken lands, as all the fields of God,
And, as I saw the path I had to choose,
I sang the roadhouse blues...

Than the day came by and with it came hard work,
Some things money can't buy and others aren't worth it,
I dug my hole of hopes 'till my hands lost their flesh,
I drank my bottles up 'till there was nothing left;
I played my tricky cards in every bar I met,
To find I was to find but bitter fool.s regrets;
And, as I had to walk with no more booze,
I sang the roadhouse blues...

Later, the Winter came, and all the roads were mud;
It froze my soul to death, it stoned my filthy blood;
I cursed the seven winds, the Gods of Providence,
And got on me a Storm, I guess for recompense!
My whole social life was basically a mess,
It was hard to find the right path to success,
So I just thought, so what, you're on the loose?
I sang the roadhouse blues...

And today I'm thirty, I travelled all the world,
Seasons came and went and still I have no girl,
I saw the Nations fall, n' rise new governements,
I saw the stars collide and forests spread new scents,
I felt the thrills of lust and lusts beyond the words,
Time whispered me the secrets noone heard;
And, as I smoke my aged sweet solitude,
I sing the roadhouse blues...

Sem comentários: